Xplo-Gard is a rectangular flameless explosion vent offering protection from dust and gas explosions. It complies with NPFA 68 requirements and is ATEX certified for use in ATEX Zones 21 and 22.
Xplo-Gard combines an internal explosion panel with a stainless steel mesh to relieve overpressure, prevent flame, heat and dust particles from entering the environment, and reduce the risk of a secondary explosion. During a deflagration, the panel bursts to allow pressure, heat, gas, and burnt and unburnt particles to safely exit the vessel or pipework. The mesh quenches the flame and cools the burning dust or gases to below their ignition temperature. Fire and dust are retained within the flameless vent body. All that emerges from the Xplo-Gard flameless vent is smoke.
We know that one size does not fit all, and so Xplo-Gard is designed to be incredibly versatile, with a range of models available to fit size, weight, and use requirements.
Xplo-Gard is available in a heavy-weight version (HW) for vessels with a Pred of up to 33 psi / 2.3 bar, and a light-weight version (LW) where a high Pred is not required. We also offer a curved version for mounting directly onto cylindrical vessels, and a sanitary version for use in food, pharmaceutical and hygienic environments.
- Complies with NFPA 68 requirements
- Certified for use in ATEX zones 21 and 22
- Access hatch for easy panel installation
- Viewing windows for quick, easy inspection (LW version only)
- Largest size range on the market
- Custom options available outside standard sizes
- Xplo-Gard Curve is custom fit to your precise radial specifications.
- Xplo-Gard Stainless is made for use in hygienic or damp environments
- Pstat tolerance of +/-15%, beats industry standard (+/-25%)
- Full engineering review to achieve the best efficiency rating for your application