Flo-Tel XD detects a burst rupture disc and transmits the break in continuity to a DCS. It is the first dual-certified Exd/EXia/b non-invasive system on the market to do this.
It offers a significant advantage in that you can install it using the protection concepts Exd or Exia/b . This makes the detector extremely versatile, suitable for use in Zones 0, 1 and 2.
Flo-Tel XD includes a certified junction box, with 3x M20 tappings and 2x M20 EXd stopping-plugs. The user may choose the vacant tapping(s) they wish to fit with M20 cable glands according to the protection concept they have chosen.
Weidmuller 2.5mm2 AKZ terminals are mounted on a DIN-Rail within the junction box, and an additional spare terminal fitted for user convenience. The junction box is fitted with two earthing clamps, one internal and one external.
Once installed and in service, the disc detection system requires no further electrical maintenance. Non-electrically trained operators may safely carry out checks using our unique and intrinsically safe Test-Tel unit.
Flo-Tel XD is also reusable. Should a disc rupture, you only need to replace the disc, not the detection system. Simply refit the Flo-Tel XD to the holder after installing a new disc. This offers significant savings compared to single-use detection devices.
- ATEX & IECEx certification
- II 2 G Ex d IIC 120°C Gb -40°C ≤ Ta ≤ 100°C IP67
- II 1 D Ex ta IIIC T120°C Da -40°C ≤ Ta ≤ 100°C IP67
- II 1 G Ex ia IIC 120°C Ga -40°C ≤ Ta ≤ 100°C IP67
- II 1 D Ex ia IIIC T120°C Da -40°C ≤ Ta ≤ 100°C IP67
- Compatible with most industry-standard cables
- Sensor is not in contact with the process therefore there are no potential leak paths
- Non invasive design is not affected by downstream pressure fluctuations or corrosion
- Available in stainless steel for marine applications